Saturday, September 18, 2010

now that's a good burger




1 ¼ lb. ground beef (that extra quarter pound is absolutely essential; if you don't have it, your burgers will fall apart when you try to cook them.)
3 Tbsp. A1 sauce
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. Kosher salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
¾ tsp. dry oregano
1 Tbsp. dehydrated onion

Grill for about 7 minutes on each side over medium (or until they're as non-pink as you want them.)

Taken from Our Best Bites.

Notes:

1. I don't use 1 1/4 pound. I just use one pound of hamburger. I get 4 burgers from that. (I use 93% and the burgers do tend to fall apart a little. I would go less fatty but know that I probably would have taco meat by the end and not a burger. Probably tastes better with 80/20 hamburger!)
2. This is a really good burger. If you don't liek oregano, don't put it in. You can definitley taste it but for Brent and I, we really like the flavor it adds.
3. Get a good bun.

Served with oven fries and grilled corn on the cob.

No comments: